The Dell'Annunziata Oratory PDF Print E-mail
Characterized by the neoclassical pronaos facade designed in 1853 by the Feltrine architect Giuseppe Berton, the Oratory of the Annunziata stands to the south of the Cathedral, close by the priest’s house. It was built in 1622 by the Bishop Gradenigo as an extension of the demolished church of the Santa Croce. Inside, the eyes are caught by the ornamental Sixteenth-Century coffered ceiling with architectural imitations mixed with vegetable elements in a continual essay in scenic effects. The Oratory is now a reception and information centre for visitors and often hosts displays and exhibitions promoting the local region.
 
Powered by 42bit