The Church of Saint Roch and Saint Sebastian PDF Print E-mail

The Church with the lower level Lombard fountains encloses the north of the main square, Piazza Maggiore. It was erected by order of the Main Council of Feltre, starting in 1576 as a thanksgiving offering following the passing of the danger of numerous plagues and famines which in that time 
were striking Europe, but construction took place over a protracted number of years. The building was inserted within the defensive structure of the castle which could be reached via an underground passage accessible from the sacristy. Inside the church, a magnificent painted wooden crucifix by the sculptor Francesco Terilli is displayed (Seventeenth Century).



Powered by 42bit