The Town Museum PDF Print E-mail

The Town Museum (Museo Civico) was founded in 1903 under the guidance of the noblewoman Antonietta Guarnieri Dal Covolo and was first installed in the main Council Chamber. In 1928 the new seat of the museum was inaugareted in the Fifteenth-Century Villabruna, bought in 1922 and restored by the architect Alberto Alpago Novello. The museum offers a collection recounting the history of the city: from the pre-Roman markings, to the exhibits from the Roman era, the Middle Ages and the Renaissance, leading up to the Nineteenth Century. The rich collection of furniture from the Fifteenth to the Nineteenth Century evokes the atmosphere and environments of a patrician dwelling in the course of time. In the picture gallery, a collection of paintings from the Sixteenth to Nineteenth Century, especially from the Veneto region, is displayed, featuring the work of artists such as Lorenzo Luzzo, Pietro de Marascalchi, Gentile Bellini, Giambattista Cima da Conegliano, Girolamo Dente, Palma the Younger, Niccolò Renieri, Girolamo Forabosco, Andries Both, Pietro Liberi, Francesco Maffei, Teodoro Matteini and Pio Sanquirico.


Visit the Website:




Powered by 42bit