Chamber of the Coats of Arms PDF Print E-mail

The chamber is situated on the first floor of the Palazzo Pretorio, rebuilt after the destruction of
1509-1510, once a private residence of the Venetian rector and now seat of the Town Hall.
It owes its name to the 45 noble coats of arms belonging to the rectors who succeeded one another from the end of the Fifteenth Century to the Sixteenth. On the north wall, besides the blazons, the effigies of the patron Saints Vittore and Corona and on the wall to the east the lion of Saint Mark is datable to the first half of the Seventeenth Century.
The current appearance of the mural paintings is owed to the restoration completed in 1941 by the painter Attilio Corsetti. The multicoloured wooden ceiling is fifteenth Century



Powered by 42bit